[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy Issues with KVM Hosts & Virtual Guests

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 06:47:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:30:26 +0000 Jeremy Bartosiewicz
<jbartosiewicz at homeaway.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have recently installed Spacewalk proxies in my
> environments. They are registered with the master server and
> showing up active. No issues there. Using version 1.7 (latest
> sync from repos, but not using nightly - all running under
> centos 6).
>
> Previously, KVM hosts registered to the master server would
> show up under the "Virtual Systems" section in the Web
> Interface with their relevant Guests. Now that these Host
> machines have been deleted from the master server and
> re-registered with the proxy servers (this worked fine +
> updates are pulled ok) it seems that virtualisation
> information is not passed on to the master (all hosts shown as
> unknown) via the proxy. Is this a known issue? Maybe I am
> missing some features? Maybe the proxies are not working as
> expected? Maybe this feature is not implemented in full /
> there is a bug?
>
> The proxies in question have the package
> rhn-virtualization-common.noarch installed and my KVM hosts
> have the package rhn-virtualization-host.noarch installed. I
> have tried rhn-profile-sync on all machines.
>
> Are you able to point me in the right direction so as to have
> this fixed or provide any advice regarding troubleshooting /
> known bugs?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help!
>

> Jeremy

Hello,
these KVM hosts were just re-registered (so versions of client
tools `rpm -q rhn-client-tools` was same)?

Do you added "Virtualization" add-on entitlement to the host in
WebUI?

When you do `rhn-profile-sync`, you should see 3 messages: about
package, hardware and virtualization profile being updated. Is
that correct?

All should just work through Spacewalk Proxy, so you
expectations are correct.

Regards,
Jan

--