[Spacewalk-list] First 'spacewalk-repo-sync' failed with "Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml)"

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 06:23:53 UTC 2012

Luiz Alfredo Baggiotto wrote:
% Hello,
%
% I´m just installing a spacewalk system following the documentation in:
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UserDocs#Installation
%
% Everything was going on until the step where I need to use 'spacewalk-repo-sync' to get packages from mirror repositories. I´m receiving the following error:
%
% # spacewalk-repo-sync --channel centos6-x86_64
%
% Traceback (most recent call last):
%   File "/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync", line 100, in <module>
% yum.Errors.RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: centos6-x86_64. Please verify its path and try again
%
% I was suspecting a network or proxy misconfiguration, however when I try with curl it works fine:

Most likely you've set repo URL to
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml instead
of correct http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64.  Anyway I've
modified spacewalk-repo-sync in nightly to print URL before it tries to
access repo so it's easier to see which repo failed. And also to rather
print nice error message then traceback.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat