[Spacewalk-list] [Bare metal Kickstart]

Martin Minar mminar at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 07:42:11 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 05:48 PM, Nathanaël MIETTON wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I'm currently trying to kisckstart a machine using DHCP, TFTP and PXE
> (under SW 1.7 + PgSQL) ... everything perfectly works but when i use
> bare metal kickstart and i fill ip-range fields for a specific
> kickstart profile ... i don't understand where i must copy
> the given url  ?
>
> So if anyone could help me ... i'd be very very very grateful !! ;-)
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Nat'

Hello Nat,

when you boot machine it is kernel parameter. You can add it the same
way you for example edit parameters when booting into single user mode.
This url contains kickstart configuration file - when ip of machine that
calls this url is in specified range.

(You can test it yourself, make Kickstart, go to bare metal tab, choose
range in which your desktop machine is and then try to open this url
using browser.)

br
Martin