[Spacewalk-list] cert. & channel questions w. Spacewalk 1.7

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 08:51:28 UTC 2012

David Winters wrote:
% I'm bringing up a Spacewalk 1.7 server to compare to my Satellite 5.4.1 server; almost all my clients are RHEL6 (Workstation and Server), with a handful of RHEL5.  I apologize if some of these questions seems really basic but I'm not a super-expert on Satellite.

Hi David,

% 1. Entitlement Certificates for RHEL channels -- as I understand it, one should have been created and activated, but I want to ask if I perhaps broke it.  In Admin - Spacewalk Configuration - Certificate, none are listed.  The command
%
% rhn-satellite-activate --sanity-only \
% --rhn-cert=/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/spacewalk-public.cert
%
% ran without errors -- or any other output.  I uploaded this file to the WebUI on that page, and I haven't see any changes when looking through the WebUI.

Answer for all your three questions is here:
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/faq.html#entitlements

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat