[Spacewalk-list] rhn-clone-errata and errata applicable for multiple distributions

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:04:40 UTC 2012

Hello,
I manage RHEL 5 i386, RHEL 5 x64 and RHEL 6 x64 clients using
spacewalk 1.7. So I have 3 channels with these distributions.
I use rhn-clone-errata (latest version available) to synchronize the
errata with RHN.
Here is my setup:
[Spacewalk]
spw_server=localhost
spw_user=
spw_pass=
[RHN]
rhn_server=xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com
rhn_user=
rhn_pass=
[ChanMap]
rhel-x86_64-server-5=rhel-5-server-x64
rhel-i386-server-5=rhel-5-server-x86
rhel-x86_64-server-6=rhel-6-server-x64
[ChanSuffixMap]
rhel-x86_64-server-5=R5-64
rhel-i386-server-5=R5-32
rhel-x86_64-server-6=R6-64

Now, the issue, using an exemple to be clear, but it applies to all erratas:
The advisory  RHEA-2012:0356 concerns RHEL 5 i386, RHEL 5 x64 and RHEL
6. This errata is created only once, with suffix R5-64, and packages
related to this erratas only in RHEL 5 x64 channel:
Affected Channels

RHEL 5 Server x64

I thought that my set up could create either :
- 3 different erratas (one suffixed with R5-32, one with R5-64 and
last with R6-64)
- or 1 errata, pointing to the different packages in the 3 channels.

I call rhn-clone-errata this way:
#!/bin/bash
BEGINDATE=`date -d 'yesterday' +%Y%m%d`
ENDDATE=`date -d 'tomorrow' +%Y%m%d`
/usr/local/sbin/rhn-clone-errata.py -f /etc/rhncloneerrata.conf
--publish -b $BEGINDATE -e $ENDDATE -q --sync-all-channels

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre