[Spacewalk-list] Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]" (code -1)

Joshua Roys Joshua.Roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:33:45 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 10:29 AM, Gruel Alexander wrote:
> Spacewalk sees the necessary updates for the client, but if I schedule
> them (or only one package for testing),
> as soon as I run rhn_check (-v/vv/vvv) on the client, it fails with the
> error:
> Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action: empty
> transaction [[6]]" (code -1)

Hello,

I usually get this error when the repodata is old or missing.  Make sure
that taskomatic is running on the spacewalk server and that the repodata
is up-to-date (/var/cache/rhn/repodata/$channelLabel/).  The repodata
can also be cached on the client.  Sometimes I see this error when the
client doesn't pull down the latest repodata (check /var/cache/yum/ and
subdirs for timestamps).

Good luck,

Josh