[Spacewalk-list] cannot register CentOS 5 system to my new spacewalk server

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 15:02:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 06:17:01PM +0000, Andy Ingham wrote:
> Sabuj --
>
> That's what I've got, so perhaps my problem is less an SSL one than an
> issue with Taskomatic or jabberd (or something else!)

Please, keep the issues separated.

When you run rhnreg_ks, that does not have anything to do with
taskomatic, nor jabberd. When you get
up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError, it's
really a SSL issue -- either certificate wrong, or date/time out of
sync.

> See below for the output in my /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log file
> upon issuing "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-service start" to start the spacewalk
> service.
>
> It is complaining about not being able to connect with the Oracle backend,
> even though I've got the two files:
>
> 	/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
> 		and
> 	/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/sqlnet.ora
>
> that the
>
> 	sqlplus [db_user]/[db_pass]@[SERVICE_NAME]
>
> commandline command requires for interactive db access
>
> What am I missing?

I can imagine taskomatic cannot read that
/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora file, or it
does not read the file at all -- the tnsnames.ora for use with Instant
Client should really be in /etc.

> Does sw not work with an external Oracle 11g instance?

It does.

--
Jan Pazdziora