[Spacewalk-list] cannot register CentOS 5 system to my new spacewalk server

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Mon Mar 12 16:20:18 UTC 2012

Jan --

Really appreciate the feedback.

I fully expect that there are multiple things wrong with my setup.
However, I'm having a hard time understanding WHY that would be, since I
followed the setup instructions at https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/
VERY CAREFULLY.  Twice now.

As I mentioned before, I would find it very helpful if there was explicit
documentation about the "SSL setup".  If the package installs don't put
things where they need to be, and there is not adequate documentation
about what needs to be done manually, I'm just plain stuck.  Which is
where I've been for a while now, and why I'm seeking help from this list.

I'd be the first to admit that I don't know the specifics of what
taskomatic or jabberd are needed for.  All I know is that they are not
working, DESPITE following the setup instructions VERY CAREFULLY.

This is all quite frustrating, since I think spacewalk would be an AWESOME
tool and I'd LOVE to be able to actually use it.

Having said all that, I am more than willing to break the issues down into
manageable pieces and address them one-by-one.

What is the order of priority for troubleshooting the following:
	Taskomatic
	Jabberd
	SSL failures

?

I'm happy to provide WHATEVER data (what I did, what X logfile shows, etc)
you'd find helpful in helping me to troubleshoot.

And I'd REALLY appreciate that help; without it, I've run out of ideas and
time to spend chasing hunches.

Andy

On 3/12/12 11:02 AM, "Jan Pazdziora" <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 06:17:01PM +0000, Andy Ingham wrote:
> Sabuj --
>
> That's what I've got, so perhaps my problem is less an SSL one than an
> issue with Taskomatic or jabberd (or something else!)

Please, keep the issues separated.

When you run rhnreg_ks, that does not have anything to do with
taskomatic, nor jabberd. When you get
up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError, it's
really a SSL issue -- either certificate wrong, or date/time out of
sync.

> See below for the output in my /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log
>file
> upon issuing "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-service start" to start the spacewalk
> service.
>
> It is complaining about not being able to connect with the Oracle
>backend,
> even though I've got the two files:
>
> 	/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
> 		and
> 	/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/sqlnet.ora
>
> that the
>
> 	sqlplus [db_user]/[db_pass]@[SERVICE_NAME]
>
> commandline command requires for interactive db access
>
> What am I missing?

I can imagine taskomatic cannot read that
/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora file, or it
does not read the file at all -- the tnsnames.ora for use with Instant
Client should really be in /etc.

> Does sw not work with an external Oracle 11g instance?

It does.

--
Jan Pazdziora