[Spacewalk-list] Internal oracle error viewing a registered system on 1.7

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed May 9 09:14:28 UTC 2012

Patrick Mi wrote:
% Hi there,
%
% I have got 1.7 installed on Centos 5 (x86_64). Oracle database is not the
% one comes with the package but an instance on our standard Oracle server(10g
% Release 10.2.0.1.0)
% The error in tomcat log says:
% com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CachedStatement - Error while processing
% cached statement sql: SELECT  COUNT(pn.id) AS COUNT
%   FROM  rhnPackageName PN,
%         (
%          SELECT  SOP.package_name_id AS name_id, MAX(PE.evr) evr
%            FROM  rhnPackageEVR PE, rhnServerOutdatedPackages SOP
%           WHERE  SOP.server_id = ?
%             AND  SOP.package_evr_id = PE.id
%        GROUP BY  SOP.package_name_id
%          ) full_list
%  WHERE  full_list.name_id = PN.id
% com.redhat.rhn.common.db.WrappedSQLException: ORA-03113: end-of-file on
% communication channel
% Searched the archived list and found the similar post here:
% https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-January/msg00117.html
% but didn't see a solution though.
%
% Has anyone else got the same problem? Any temporary fix?

I'm afraid Oracle's support advise will be: Can't you just update to
the latest patchset (10.2.0.4/10.2.0.5)?

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat