[Spacewalk-list] satellite-sync help

John Trump trumpjk at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:41:21 UTC 2012

Yes I am using an export from our Red Hat Satellite server trying to
sync to a spacewalk server in an environment without internet
connectivity.

On 05/08/2012 05:07 PM, trumpjk gmail com wrote:

I received an export from a satellite server in another department. I
was able to use satellite-sync to import the channels into my spacewalk
installation. If I list the channels via command line I can see the
channels I imported. If I go to the spacewalk web interface the channels
do not show. Is there something else I have to do after the
satellite-sync command to get channels to show in web interface?

OS: CentOS 6.2
Spacewalk Version: 1.7
Database: Oracle 11.2.0

And you are syncing Red Hat Enterprise Linux channels, true?

From:http://spacewalk.redhat.com/faq.html#entitlements

Q: Can I use Spacewalk to sync my entitlements for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
and other Red Hat software products? A: No. At this time, in order to be
able to connect to rhn.redhat.com and satellite-sync Red Hat software
content, you will need the Satellite product with an active Satellite
certificate.

This affect ISS and sync from dump as well.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering