[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and RHN Channels Best Practices

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Tue May 15 22:28:42 UTC 2012

The second proposed setup:

1 base channel, 2 child channels
rhel-x86_64-server-5

-          rhel-x86_64-server-5-stable

-          rhel-x86_64-server-5-testing

The base channel gets all packages and erratas nightly, the stable child channel has only prod hosts with approved packages (synced at point in time). The testing channel is used by non-prod hosts, which is cloned from the base channel throughout specified interval. Obviously I can have multiple testing channels if needed.

Any feedback on how your enterprise setup is designed is appreciated.

Thank you
-ilya