[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and RHN Channels Best Practices

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Tue May 15 17:44:38 UTC 2012

Here is the current proposed setup, please tell me where I have flows.

1 base channel, 3 child channels
rhel-x86_64-server-5

-          rhel-x86_64-server-5-stable

-          rhel-x86_64-server-5-testing

-          rhel-x86_64-server-5-latest

The original design was to import base iso image into  "rhel-x86_64-server-5", then create 3 child channels and with content of base. Create a sync mechanism that would continusly update "rhel-x86_64-server-5-latest". From then on, clone "rhel-x86_64-server-5-latest" to "rhel-x86_64-server-5-testing" and once confirmed to "rhel-x86_64-server-5-stable".

The prod servers will use activation key that will bind to "rhel-x86_64-server-5-stable" where nonprod to "rhel-x86_64-server-5-testing" and some subset of nonprod to "rhel-x86_64-server-5-latest".

What do you see as an issue in this design, how would I make my prod servers see all applicable errata - because if I just keep it in stable child channel it only sees what it is entitled to see.