[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy + SSH tunnel to Spacewalk

Matthew Ceroni matthewceroni at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:06:09 UTC 2012

I am trying to setup Spacewalk Proxy.

Do to the architecture of the network the proxy itself doesn't have direct
access to the Spacewalk server. Therefore I have setup a persistent SSH
tunnel from the Spacewalk server to what I want to be the proxy.

I then configured Proxy to essentially point to itself on the specified
tunneled port. It registered fine and appeared to start-up just fine.
However when I attempt to use the proxy from a client (say to register a
system), I see hundreds and hundreds of HTTP connections from the proxy to
itself. These eventually use up all the available connections and brings
the system down.

Doing a netstat -anp it just shows Apache as the process that is making a
connection to itself.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks