[Spacewalk-list] RHEL errata?

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:36:21 UTC 2012

Back to the original question
There are several errata scripts out there.
Try a few out and see what you think.
There has been ample discussion on the subject on this list mostly its a
matter of opinion and features.
There are a few good ones I like the one I wrote and so do many others but
there are a lot more very good ones I don't like the centos-errata.py or
the one packaged with spacewalk which is a fork of centos-errata.py because
they are both vulnerable to a bug we've been disscussing in the last few
weeks.
Franky likes his script because he understands it mine is more complex
under the hood because I have a very different coding style and take more
steps to ensure safety against a large number of senarios. Franky based his
script on my script and an other guys script which is a good script in my
opinion.