[Spacewalk-list] yet another errata clone script

Steve Meier email at steve-meier.de
Mon Oct 15 17:59:01 UTC 2012

Hi Franky,

all work done on errata scripts is good so I welcome your approach :-)

Let me just comment on my tool inline since you have mentioned it:
> - the XML file of errata-import.pl is ok, but updated by one person and only
>   for security errata (I think)

The XML file is now generated automatically and updated for all types of
CentOS Announcements (Security, Bug Fix and Enhancement).
> - errata-import.pl had good code, but no RHN integration, and is too easy
>   for missing packages (if 1 package from the errata is there, the errata is
>   created, while other packages might be missing)

I probably won't add RHN integration as I have no access to RHN.

As for missing packages, this is on my todo list. Right now it creates an errata
if it finds any package belonging to it. It does that as people usually don't have
all architectures and releases (plus sources) on their Spacewalk. In the future
it should re-check existing errata to see if packages have been added in the
meantime that belong to it and add them accordingly.

Kind regards,
  Steve