[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk in Oracle RAC

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Wed Oct 24 16:31:05 UTC 2012

On Oct 24, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 03:33:04PM +0000, Velayutham, Prakash wrote:
>>
>> However, clients are not communicating with the server and give the following error.
>>
>> [root at bmiagraphp1 ~]# rhn_check -v -v
>> XMLRPC ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for bmispacewalkp1.chmcres.cchmc.org /XMLRPC: 500 Internal Server Error>
>> [root at bmiagraphp1 ~]# yum check-update
>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
>> There was an error communicating with RHN.
>> RHN Satellite or RHN Classic support will be disabled.
>> Error communicating with server. The message was:
>> Internal Server Error
>
> What's in the logs on the server -- httpd logs and /var/log/rhn/* ?
>
> Does WebUI work?
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora
> Principal Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the pointer. Saw

[Tue Oct 23 23:03:19 2012] [error] [client 10.200.222.31] ConfigParserError: ('Can not read config file', '/etc/rhn/rhn.conf', 'Permission denied')

in Apache error log, which prompted me to change the ownership of rhn.conf file. Everything works fine now.

Thanks again,
Prakash