[Spacewalk-list] Disabling the errata-mailer task

David Johansen david at makewhatis.com
Sat Oct 27 00:14:54 UTC 2012

I'm actually curious about the correct way to disable this as well. We
recently tried to use the errata feature, but the queries that ran in order
to determine email recipients took way too long, and consumed all of
taskomatic. This left any repo generation tasks in the queue until we
restarted taskomatic. We are working with a large instance, so when the
errata-cache job ran, we saw some queries taking over an hour for just one
of our channels. Our short term solution was to shut off the errata-cache
job, as that seems to be the parent of errata-mailer. We would love to have
the errata feature, just without the errata-mailer.

We are running 1.6 on Postgres 9.1.

David Johansen