[Spacewalk-list] Massive problems with slow updates on rhnServerAction

Jonathan Scott lists at xistenz.org
Thu Sep 20 18:53:15 UTC 2012

- Forgot about ulimit, not sure why... I deal with Oracle almost daily.
I've adjusted my ulimit nofile setting (both soft and hard):

# ulimit -a | grep files
open files                      (-n) 4096

# ulimit -aH | grep files
open files                      (-n) 65000

- There is a /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/pgsql_tmp/ folder, but it is empty at
the moment; I will keep an eye on it.

- I have the keepalive changed at the sysctl level as every time I do so on
the postgresql side, I cannot do so much as cancel a scheduled task without
the app going 503 on me. Neither sysctl or postgresql.conf changes appear
to help in this case, regardless of what I set them to.

Thanks again for your time and assistance with this frustrating issue o'
mine,
Jonathan