[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-common-channels infinite looping

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Thu Sep 20 20:48:14 UTC 2012

I am trying to use spacewalk-common-channels to create all of the channel structures for CentOS 4, 5 and 6 and I'm running into a problem right away.   It appears that the  program is going into an infinite loop processing the channel info.   If I tell it to list the available channels I get some nice output.   When I tell it to create the channels for CentOS5  it goes away and never comes back.    I added some additional print to take advantage of the verbose option and was able to see that it was looping forever over what appears to be the same data.

I only know enough python to hack around a little bit, so I'm not sure how to debug this thing.   There really isn't very much built in diagnostic output to be able to see what it's trying to do.   I'll be happy to throw several debug statements in once I have some better understanding of how the code is structured.

Anyone on the list familiar with the code enough to give me some pointers?

Thanks,

Robert Boyd
Senior Systems Engineer
Phone: 919-645-2972
Mobile: 919-306-4681
Peoplefluent
434 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC  27601

robert.boyd at peoplefluent.com<mailto:michael.dileonardo at peoplefluent.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01CD974F.93FC2BC0]

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.