[Spacewalk-list] "Architecture" problem with SL 6.3

Andreas Kelle-Emden kelle-emden at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Sep 28 12:46:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

> You are not only getting the error because of the architecture mismatch
but because the release no longer matches the contents of
/etc/sysconfig/systemid
> This (most likely, happened to me as well) is due to updating the
sl-release RPM

<member>
<name>architecture</name>
</member>

This still is ok. Anyway, the release is outdated.

--serverUrl=http://$my.spacewalk.server$/XMLRPC --activationkey=$mykey$
> and things will work again, in future don't apply the sl-release updates
to your systems. (you should not even import updates of those into your
spacewalk channels ... are you sure you are getting updates from the right
repository directory?)

How would you suppose to run dist-upgrades then? I was quite happy to get
this done without having to deal with kickstart etc.

Up to now, I only have the 6.3 repositories mirrored in Spacewalk. Running
the dist-upgrade without Spacewalk worked out fine - it's just a little work
to update all of the machines by hand. ;-)

Andreas