[Spacewalk-list] "Architecture" problem with SL 6.3

Ree, Jan-Albert van J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
Fri Sep 28 10:09:32 UTC 2012

You are not only getting the error because of the architecture mismatch but because the release no longer matches the contents of /etc/sysconfig/systemid
This (most likely, happened to me as well) is due to updating the sl-release RPM

For now it's quickest to simply reregister using
/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --force --serverUrl=http://$my.spacewalk.server$/XMLRPC --activationkey=$mykey$
and things will work again, in future don't apply the sl-release updates to your systems. (you should not even import updates of those into your spacewalk channels ... are you sure you are getting updates from the right repository directory?)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree

Jan-Albert van Ree
Linux System Administrator
MSuG MARIN Support Group
E mailto:J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 35 48

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F , I www.marin.nl