[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk continually generating Errata Alert Emails

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:29:13 UTC 2013

Unfortunately Ive seen it do that with EPEL and more recently with
Scientific Linux because it gets the erratas from the yum repo.
It seems like when it gets erratas from a yum repo (which is a fairly new
feature) it updates the errata every time. So it re-sends the alert email
every time the Advisory Release number gets updated which seems to happen
every time it does a sync. Ive been meaning to put an RFE in to fix it but
havent gotten around to it yet. essentialy it should be comparing the
version number to the version number in spacewalk and also syncing the
version number when it first inserts it but its not. instead what its doing
is treating the version numbers as separate and not using them for
comparison.