[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting Fedora 18 with SW 1.9

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 17:05:55 UTC 2013

I would try to catch the system before it reboots into the grub line
installed by koan and examine the options setup in the grub menu. My
initial testing involved manually playing with that grub entry until it
worked, then I turned to figure out which options I needed to pass to koan
to prevent the same issue. Again, for me I had to remove the "ROOT=" entry
from the grub config.

And when it comes to investigating what options are being passed to koan,
since it is a Python script, I personally would be tempted to just modify
the script to record the options being passed before it invokes
"app.main()". Try adding something like:
open('/tmp/koan', 'a').write("Koan called via: %s\n" % " ".join(sys.argv))

After that I'm not sure how to influence which options will get passed from
the Spacewalk UI.

-- Jon Miller