[Spacewalk-list] Exclude packages from installing via client configuration

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 11:16:17 UTC 2013

Michal Bruncko wrote:
% yes, currently I can use standard client-local exclusion procedure
% using /etc/yum.conf with "exclude" directive - packages will not be
% installed, but:
% - Spacewalk is not avare about it and it will always show that there
% are updated packages available

Create cloned channel with all but excluded rpms and subscribe client to
this cloned channel instead of the original one.

% - this directive cannot be applied per repository, but instead it
% have global impact for system - i.e. if I once exclude packageXYZ
% from installation, it will be excluded from all repositories and all
% versions.

Per (spacewalk) channel exclude lists can be put to
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

% ..and of course this is not very sufficient
%
% thanks for any ideas
%
% michal