[Spacewalk-list] Unable to download the kickstart file

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 14:32:07 UTC 2013

Barbitsas, George wrote:
% Hi,
%
% I have installed spacewalk 1.9 on a virtual box and proceeded to configure it as described in the Howto instructions.
% I have configured this box with SElinux disabled and also iptables is also disabled.
%
% Where I am experiencing difficulty is when process is looking to find the kickstart file.
%
% I keep receiving the following error:  Unable to download the kickstart file.  Please modify the kickstart parameter below or press Cancel to proceed as an interactive installation.
%
% When I use a profile or when I add a system manually via cobbler I get this message.
% When I try the url in my browser I am able to read the contents of the kickstart file.
%
% I need some help to troubleshoot this.

Hi George,

Could you send exact command you are running or page you are clicking on?
And also showing us corresponding error messages from /var/log/rhn/*log,
/var/log/http/*log and /var/log/tomcat*/*log would be very helpful.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat