[Spacewalk-list] Unable to download the kickstart file

Barbitsas, George Barbitsas.George at hydro.qc.ca
Thu Apr 25 12:58:32 UTC 2013

Hello Michael,

I figured out the problem...Since we have a DHCP server on the network that I dont manage I created a local dhcp server for my virtual clients to boot from on a non routable network.  The kickstart file referenced the routable ip address on my spacewalk server, so it is normal that the client was not able to communicate to the spacewalk server on that network.

I have come across another problem I cant seem the figure out... I added custom SNIPPETS to the profile I created following the instructions provided on the spacewalk wiki.

The SNIPPETS were created without any issue.  When I examine the ks configuration in the gui my snippets do not appear same is the case when I examine the cfg file located in /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/wizard.  I edited the cfg file directly and it works until I do some other operation the file gets overwriten.

Question: How do I add custom snippets to the ks configuration file(also decide where to position then as well within the file) either by gui or command line.

I tried adding the snippet macro to the scripts section in the spacewalk profile section without any success.

Regards,