[Spacewalk-list] Re-registering clients causing problem with client-type identification

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at zssos.sk
Wed Apr 17 18:38:28 UTC 2013

Hi Jeremy

I am talking about spacewalk client state - the icon itself is not
important (but of course it directly corresponds to client system type).
The question is, why the virtual spacewalk client (which was
re-registered second time with server) is marked as "standalone system"
(I cannot see "Virtual UUID" field in client properties and so on)
instead of "virtualized system" as it was determined by server correctly
during first registration.

maybe someone is able to reproduce this with following steps:
- remove/delete virtualized client from spacewalk (i.e. via Web GUI)
- and just try to re-register client system same way like first time,
but also with "--force" parameter as well

yes, there is no impact/degradation between the system states for me (I
can use all functions that I am wanted to do), but I am curious what is
different in second time than the first time because this behavior is
same as when I tested it several years before using some old spacewalk
version.

thanks

michal

--