[Spacewalk-list] Re-registering clients causing problem with client-type identification

Giovanni Torres giovtorres at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:57:21 UTC 2013

Don't you have to install the rhn-virtualization-host package?

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:35:44 +0200
From: jma at schaubroeck.be
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Re-registering clients causing problem with client-type identification

    Op 10/04/2013 21:18, Michal Bruncko
      schreef:

    Hello
      again,

      I will try to formulate my question another way: how the client is
      detecting that if it is the virtual guest or standalone station?
      As I can see from VM properties within Spacewalk, this system
      contain virtualization and UUID fields. From which system resource
      is this information provided from client to server?

    Are you talking about the icon? I've also noticed that depending on
    where you view the system it might not display the right icon. I
    have a bunch of VM's all with the correct Virtualization info, that
    have the right icon in the "All" systems view and get listed
    correctly in the "Virtual Systems" list.

    When I look at the systems list of a group however they all show the
    "physical machine" icon. I've never really paid further attention to
    it but that might be a bug.

      remember that I had similar problem once I've used 1.2 or 1.3
      version of Spacewalk satellite.

      thanks

      michal