[Spacewalk-list] Swalk 2.0 rhnreg_ks = "No module named hardware_hal"

Lee Roth bwc_lr1 at easy48.com
Wed Aug 21 17:03:18 UTC 2013

>It is part of EPEL:
>http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/python-hwdata.html
>
>Mirek

** Total success **

Thank you... I had neglected to configure EPEL repository on my (new)
Spacewalk server, but I have EPEL on my existing RHN Satellite servers.

Since repositories (like EPEL) are so easily integrated into an existing
channel I just kind of forgot all about EPEL.

I've pulled just the python-hwdata RPM for EL6 from EPEL, installed it on
the client... completed the rhn-setup install, and then the bootstrap
script for client registration for the Spacewalk server is working
perfectly.

Many thanks to all of those patient people that have helped!

Lee