[Spacewalk-list] Need help on Integrating Spacewalk with SUSE SMT

Prince Varghese princev6 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 13:36:47 UTC 2013

Greetings!

Myself Prince, As part of my job requirement I have setup a Spacewalk
server in our infrastructure and has been able to create channels for
Centos and few custom channels, which by the way works as expected.

However, we have a SUSE SMT - for SLES packages (centalised package
manager) server in our environment and my manager wants to have this
existing spacewalk to sync packges - to channel from the SMT server and to
patch the client machines.

I get the following error while Spacewalk try to sync packages from SUSE
SMT:

"ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
suse.repo. Please verify its path and try again"

Also,
https://aecdallin.cloudcore.local/repo/%24RCE/SLES11-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for client: Damaged repomd.xml file

Could you please suggest me as how I could have Spacewalk able to sycn
packages from SUSE SMT server.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Prince