[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy 2.0.1 Times Out .. "Operation too slow"

Sam Rees srees at mbira.com
Mon Aug 26 16:32:09 UTC 2013

When trying to pull large files across a T1, yum on the client (CentOS
6.4) times out. I upgraded to the newest I could find (2.0.1) and the
problem persists. This seems to be identical to the behavior previously
documented on this list here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-July/msg00145.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-July/msg00152.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-July/msg00153.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-July/msg00155.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-July/msg00156.html

I've tried the workaround listed there, but just as Mr. Widlinksi
mentions in that last post, editing DEFAULT_TIMEOUT does not fix it.
Changing the client from using the proxy to using the spacewalk server
directly works fine though. The transfer speed is ~70kB/s and the
filesize is ~60MB.

Are there any settings in Spacewalk Proxy I should be changing to fix this?