[Spacewalk-list] New system provisioning in Cobbler/Spacewalk

Rick van der Linde rick at rilp.nl
Tue Dec 17 08:35:22 UTC 2013

In my virtualized only environment where I use spacewalk for provisioning I manage to do this by a combination of manually configured MAC address for the virtual machine combined with a DHCP server that provides IP addresses for virtual machines based on their MAC address. Next to this I configured DNS that allows me to lookup the address and get the hostname and configure NICs. This works fine for now, but it would be great to ease this as this takes a considerable amount of time to setup and an current acceptable amount of time to manage.

It would be a great idea to address this someway in future developments of spacewalk or currenltly developed Katello environment.

Rick.