[Spacewalk-list] Requiring Reboot/New Feature??

Balint Szigeti balint.szgt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 08:16:40 UTC 2013

Hello

I think, in the next or future release the Requiring Reboot should be
carried out an SQL query which examine the actual kernel.
I mean, the box was updated by Spacwalk, but restarted by hand.
The rhn client should refresh its data in SQL DB it uses the newest
kernel and therefore it shouldn't appear under the Requiring Reboot.

What do you guys think?

For me, the rebooted machine appearing under 'Requiring Reboot' is
disturbing.
I don't want to restart the machines with Spacewalk system again.
Does anybody know a workaround?

Balint