[Spacewalk-list] Questions on kickstart

Mohit Vadhera project.linux.proj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:44:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am following the url to configure Kickstart
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler . I have few
questions to test for one machine and bigger network. I didn't work on
Kickstart that much.

1) I want the kickstart to test for one IP. How can i restrict for one IP .
Do I need to give below statements in dhcpd.conf for one IP or any better
way ?

      host test {
            hardware ethernet 00:50:56:99:15:d6;
            fixed-address 192.20.3.250;
               }

2) In a bigger network where multi subnets works. How should I install new
OS on the new machine.  Do I need to restrict dhcpd.conf every time to
restrict one IP.  How will i manage ?

3) If there is a running machine and by mistake it boot up with PXE . This
can reformat the machine and install the OS. How can i overcome this ?

Thanks,