[Spacewalk-list] Need URL

Alan Pittman Alan.Pittman at publix.com
Mon Jan 7 19:13:46 UTC 2013

Here's what I did for openSUSE 12.2 32-bit:

1. created a normal ia-32 (32 bit) channel
     Channel name:   opensuse12.1-i586-updates
     Channel label:  	opensuse12.1-32bit-updates
     Channel summary:  opensuse12.1 32bit update channel

2. created a repository that looked like this:
     Label:   opensuse12.2-32bit-updates-repo

3. connected the repository to the channel.

4. To populate the channel, I run the following from cron:
    /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel opensuse12.1-32bit-updates --type yum

Just be aware, openSUSE places all architectures in the same repository, so you will get errors about architecture mis-matches.

Alan

Unix is user friendly--it's just picky who its friends are.