[Spacewalk-list] Problems installing Spacewalk 1.8 on CentOS 6.3

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:28:52 UTC 2013

This may be a shot in the dark but having just gone through installing
Spacewalk 1.8 on a RHEL6.3 machine, I found I had to adjust the permissions
on the following files/directory:
chmod 755 /etc/rhn
chmod 644 /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
chmod 644 /etc/rhn/cluster.ini
chmod 644 /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf

Check those permissions and try a "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-service restart".

-- Jon Miller