[Spacewalk-list] Problems installing Spacewalk 1.8 on CentOS 6.3

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 15 18:56:58 UTC 2013

I don't understand what you mean by "antlr madness" that got pulled into my
system.  All I see is that antlr from CentOS itself got installed instead
of the one from jpackage repo.  You seem to be using the RHEL6 version of
antlr yourself instead of jpackage, so I guess that is not the issue.

So what else can be causing the problem?

I can do "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-service start" and I can see tomcat running.
I am not sure because of where the setup script failed if everything is
properly configured or I will have to rerun?

Anyway, the service start gives me the following error:

Starting osa-dispatcher: RHN 31162 2013/01/15 13:34:04 -04:00: ('Traceback
caught:',)
RHN 31162 2013/01/15 13:34:04 -04:00: ('Traceback (most recent call last):\n
File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 616, in connect\n
ssl.do_handshake()\nError: [(\'SSL routines\',
\'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE\', \'certificate verify failed\')]\n',)
                                                            [FAILED]

and if I go to the website, after accepting the selfsigned certificate,
I just get a 404 error after a failed redirect to /rhn/Login.do

The /var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out still has the antlr.jar errors.

Here are the location of the jar files from my antlr packages

[root at spacewalk ~]# rpm -ql ant-antlr | grep jar
/usr/lib64/gcj/ant/ant-antlr-1.7.1.jar.db
/usr/lib64/gcj/ant/ant-antlr-1.7.1.jar.so
/usr/share/ant/lib/ant-antlr.jar
/usr/share/java/ant/ant-antlr-1.7.1.jar
/usr/share/java/ant/ant-antlr.jar
[root at spacewalk ~]# rpm -ql antlr | grep jar
/usr/share/java/antlr-2.7.7.jar
/usr/share/java/antlr.jar

Is that not where they are supposed to be?

I have no idea what "/WEB-INF/" is.  It is certainly not a directory
on my filesystem.  I have very little java internal knowledge.

Here is more of the error:

Jan 15, 2013 4:36:51 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader start
SEVERE: LifecycleException
java.io.IOException: Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/antlr.jar
         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.setRepositories(WebappLoader.java:1022)
         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:653)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4341)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1041)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:964)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
         at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)

-- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)