[Spacewalk-list] Forcing Hypervisor Capabilities on a virtual machine

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 24 15:35:54 UTC 2013

I am in the process of setting up a test environment for spacewalk and
other things. One thing i want to try out is the provisioning of
virtual machines with spacewalk/cobbler. My system is capable of
running KVM in 'nested' mode, so kvm inside of kvm is possible and
working. Spacewalk however treats the system as a virtual machine and i
did not find a way around that. I would like to force spacewalk to
ignore the profile information (that it is a virtual machine) and treat
it as a 'real' bare-metal system i can use as a virtualization platform.

Any hints?

Regards,

Mattias

--