[Spacewalk-list] Forcing Hypervisor Capabilities on a virtual machine

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:40:24 UTC 2013

Well the first thing is have you tested running a nested kvm
instances, last I looked it was only possible on AMD CPU's but I may
be wrong.
I would try to put the visualization activation key on the VM if that
works you might be able to do it but I've never tested it. If not then
you can try manually creating the VM and initially booting it off the
ISO generated by cobbler. that should work but im not sure how
spacewalk would handle it.
Ive been thinking of doing the same thing my self with OpenStack
because I'm planning to build a test environment in an OpenStack
cluster. I would like to create an other instance of OpenStack inside
the first one so I can test updates to my test environment without
interrupting other peoples tests, so I would be very interested to
hear if you get it working.