[Spacewalk-list] reporting arch information for package updates to clients

Snyder, Chris Chris_Snyder at sra.com
Fri Jul 5 13:27:13 UTC 2013

When viewing the system history events for a given client, specifically in regards to package installs and upgrades,  all packages that were applied are listed.  However, the information does not currently include the architecture of the packages installed.   Is there a way to have the package architecture recorded in the history?

There are times that certain i386 packages are installed and other times with x86_64 packages are installed and it would be nice to know which was installed when. For example, here's a copy of  a history from one of my hosts, and as you see, both versions of 'e2fsprogs-libs' lives on the client host and both were updated at the same time.  But in a case where only one of the two packages were updated/installed, I wouldn't be able to tell which architecture was installed.

Thx
Chris.

This action will be executed after 06/19/13 5:16:55 PM EDT.

This action's status is: Completed.
The client picked up this action on 06/19/13 5:17:01 PM EDT.
The client completed this action on 06/19/13 5:17:40 PM EDT.
Client execution returned "Update Succeeded" (code 0)
Packages Scheduled:

    e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-36.el5_9
    e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-36.el5_9