[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk master/slave

Michael LINDER michael.linder at pt-consulting.eu
Mon Jul 8 08:55:25 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to configure spacewalk in master/slave infrastructure. I
followed documentation on RedHat and modified /etc/rhn/rhn.conf:

master:
     disable_iss=0
     allowed_iss_slaves=MYSLAVE.COMPANY

slave:
     iss_parent      = MYMASTER.COMPANY
     iss_ca_chain   = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

services spacewalk restarted on both servers.

On slave when I am running the command satellite-sync --list-channels, I
have got the following message:
     "Error: The server listed within iss-parent is not configured for
ISS capability."

Could you explain me what I am doing wrong? Is slave spacewalk should be
registered to master as "normal client"?

Kore,

--
Michael Linder

System Administrator