[Spacewalk-list] How to test Spacewalk Proxy

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 08:39:10 UTC 2013

Jon Miller wrote:
% Just wanted to report back that all is working fine with my Proxy. Turns out
% the person that imaged my proxy machine, typo'ed the local /etc/hosts
% file. We realized this after seeing the hitting the IP directly would work to
% retrieve the kickstart file fine.
%
% One more quick question. It appears that I'm going to need a separate proxy
% server for each organization that requires a DMZ presence. Is that the
% correct conclusion or is there a way to re-use the same proxy for multiple
% organizations?

Hello Jon,

No need for multiple proxies in this case.
One proxy can serve for all organizations on spacewalk server.

% Thanks,
% Jon Miller

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat