[Spacewalk-list] Keepalive for Database Connections?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 09:57:42 UTC 2013

sela at mms-dresden.de wrote:
% Hi,
%
% there is a firewall between our Spacewalk-Server and our Oracle-DB, that
% silently drops connections that have not been used for one hour.
% Since the firewall's behavior can't be adjusted, the most obvious solution
% would be to enable keepalive probes for the database connection. But I did
% not find a way to do this.
%
% First I tried to set "SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 10" in
% /etc/rhn/tns_admin/osa-dispatcher/sqlnet.ora - which should tell the Oracle
% Instant Client to use its implemented keepalives procedures. It just doesn't
% work.

Hi Stefan,

SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME is server option so you have to put it into
sqlnet.ora on database server side not spacewalk (=database client)
side.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat