[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback emails from Spacewalk server after client upgrade

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 08:58:27 UTC 2013

Nick Wales wrote:
% I just upgraded to 1.9 and have this exact problem from one of my two
% proxies.
%
% rhnlib-2.5.55-1.el6.noarch on master and both slaves
% osad-5.11.18-1.el6.noarch on both slaves, not installed on the server.
%
% I have restarted everything multiple times just to be on the safe side and
% no luck.
%
% Here's an example exception report:
%
% https://gist.github.com/nickwales/5793781
%
% Is there anything else I should be looking at?

So the one proxy works while the other one not?
What's the difference? Do they have installed same set of rpms?
What about configuration?

% > % access_log (two of these in a row every 1-2min, coincides with event in
% > traceback email):
% > % "POST /XMLRPC HTTP/1.1" 200 455 "-" "rhn.rpclib.py/2.5.55-1.el5"
% > % error_log:
% > % [error] Remote Host: 1.1.1.179
% > % [error] \tREMOTE_ADDR: 1.1.1.179
% > %
% > % Clients are Oracle Linux 5. Both client and server Spacewalk components
% > are now 1.8 with a couple of patches on the server from yesterday (
% > https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-December/msg00139.html
% > ).
% >
% > It looks like you might have old version of rhnlib on spacewalk server.
% > What's your version?

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat