[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.8 and SLE11 repomd key problem

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Mon Mar 11 23:53:34 UTC 2013

Hi Piotr,

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:26:48 +0100
"Maksymiuk, Piotr" <piotr.maksymiuk at contractors.roche.com> wrote:

> I'm really at a loss here. Is there something i'm missing, like
> adding signatures to the clients of some sorts? I've been living with
> this since 1.7, hoping that maybe it was a bug, and 1.8 would fix it,
> but no go, and I see that since I've asked Miroslav Suchy (I think)
> to build spacewalk-client-tools for SLE11, some people around here
> started using it. So maybe around now someone would have seen this
> and has a fix :)

There is no problem in Spacewalk but zypper. You configured the GPG
information for your channels and the spacewalk plugin for zypper
enabled the gpgcheck for the repos coming from spacewalk. If gpgcheck
is enabled for a repo, zypper expects the repodata to be signed by the
same key which was used to sign the packages (IIRC). So, at this point
you are not able to use gpgcheck with zypper/spacewalk, because
Spacewalk does not sign repository metadata.

HTH,

Mattias

--
Mattias Giese