[Spacewalk-list] Backing Spacewalk

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:30:36 UTC 2013

Hello,
On the wiki, the following guide gives directions to backup oracle-xe:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkBackup

I'm using, postgresql 8.4, and currently, I'm backing up the application
using pg_dump command, to backup spacewalk database and postgres database.
pg_dump spaceschema -Fc -f /data/backup/spaceschema.dmp
pg_dump postgres -Fc -f /data/backup/postgres.dmp

Is it sufficient to recover the database in case of a crash?
Can the pg_dump be run with spacewalk running, or does it have to be a cold
backup?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre