[Spacewalk-list] Backing Spacewalk

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu Mar 21 08:17:54 UTC 2013

Hi Pierre,

while I'm unsure whether running the backup with Spacewalk up is save (thought, I would advise against it - just a feeling)
I'd strongly recommend adding "-c" Param to the pg_dump,
otherwise nasty things will happen - eg. a duplicated entry in the 'dual' table (created to allow imitation of the oracel 'dual' statements)

And this will seriously make your SW installation unusable when replaying the backup...IF you didn't drop it alltogether first.

Best
-Jonathan