[Spacewalk-list] localhost.localdomain

Stepan Rogov rogov at post.km.ru
Wed May 22 10:46:01 UTC 2013

Hi. All.
I have the same problem.

I tried to understand the problem.

I came to the following conclusions:
Spacewalk takes the hostname from /etc/sysconfig/network  from
"HOSTNAME" parameter.
This parameter records the Anaconda during the OS installation.

Conclusion:
Correspondingly, there are some problems when resolving a hostname
during the installation of the OS.

It would be nice, if rhnsd took the name of the host performing the
command (for example, "hostanme-f"), and not from the config file, as
many are using DHCP.