[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.7 to 2.0 upgrade database schema upgrade failure insufficient privileges

George listmail.gg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 23:32:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

currently upgrading centos 5.8 x86_64 with spacewalk 1.7 towards centos
5.10 x86_64 with spacewalk 2.0
Using an external oracle server 11g

Upgrading OS worked out nicely except for the fact that the httpd didnt
want to start due to the fact modwsgi was not loaded ... I enabled this
module by hand (was commented), despite the fact it explicitly says this
thing would deadlock when python modules are also enabled (which is
probably the case in spacewalk?).

However after upgrading spacewalk itself I ran the database schema
upgrade script it processed fine up to about the last 60 lines:

the part where it does the spacewalk 1.9 to spacewalk
1.10/036-enable_logging.sql.oracle part

I tried to re-run this by hand but still get the same error as the log
gives:

begin logging.enable_logging('web_contact'); end;
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.LOGGING", line 65
ORA-06512: at line 1

My spacewalk database user has DBA rights inside of the spacewalk
database, so I am not really sure what more privileges I should give to
this user to get rid of the insufficient privileges error ...
Anyone seen this before or knows a fix?

Regards,

G.