[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.7 to 2.0 upgrade database schema upgrade failure insufficient privileges

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 09:10:35 UTC 2013

George wrote:
% Hello,
%
% currently upgrading centos 5.8 x86_64 with spacewalk 1.7 towards
% centos 5.10 x86_64 with spacewalk 2.0
% Using an external oracle server 11g
% begin logging.enable_logging('web_contact'); end;
% *
% ERROR at line 1:
% ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
% ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.LOGGING", line 65
% ORA-06512: at line 1
%
% My spacewalk database user has DBA rights inside of the spacewalk
% database, so I am not really sure what more privileges I should give
% to this user to get rid of the insufficient privileges error ...
% Anyone seen this before or knows a fix?

Hello George,

Logging functions need to have privileges bellow granted directly (not
via role):
ALTER SESSION
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE SYNONYM